Nostalgia is in the air this morning, trickling into my ears as I listen to old Fleetwood Mac songs. There’s nothing better than dancing around your office with the window open, that fresh, dewy rain smell wafting in through the open window. Yes, Mr. Grumpy from across the street is staring at me again as he shouts into his phone… the postman is likely afraid to go anywhere near the house too and that pigeon which I once named Lester is ogling me in that cross-eyed way that only winged rats can manage…. But hey, sometimes you’ve just got to let loose.
In case you don’t want to jump around in your boxers while being ogled by pigeons and mailmen, here is something that might inspire you to feel awesome today:
- Don’t Stop Thinking About Tomorrow—be in the moment when you write, but don’t be afraid to keep moving forward too.
- Dreams are what inspire, so listen to them. And then keep on writing, because the Skies the Limit.
- If you find yourself trapped under a Landslide, trust that you can pull yourself out of any literary pickle with a little faith and a lot of hard work.
- Draft giving you trouble? Don’t be afraid to Go Your Own Way (at least for a little while until you gain more perspective).
- If Monday Morning is really getting to you, give yourself some peace and take a break.
- Feeling a little Over [Your] Head? Don’t worry about what you can’t control. You’ll get there, because deep down you know you are GOOD. So believe it.
- Love your story and you will find that there will be more Love In Store for you too.
- Every time you decide you’re Never Going Back Again, decide instead that you won’t give up and get back to it.
- The World [is always] Turning, so make sure you step out of the writing bubble and find ways to interact with books and other writers. Perspective is everything.
- If the phrase I’m So Afraid won’t get out of your head, let it be there, because when you are out of your comfort zone that’s where the magic happens.